Hello all, I have been updating my course to Live 8 and the biggest improvement is with the warp engine and transient detection. Warping audio is now WAY easier. This video appears in week 2 of my advanced course and goes into the new and improved way to warp your clips.
Here are the important points from the video:
- With the loop brace selected, use the up and down arrow keys to move the loop brace by the length of the loop brace itself.
- A transient is a moment where the volume of the sound changes dramatically and quickly. Like at the beginning of a drum hit. Transients typically mark important musical events. Live detects them automatically. Live’s transient detection is displayed as a downward facing grey triangle.
- Establish the first bar in your clip by adjusting the first hit then right clicking and choosing set 1.1.1 here.
- With “Follow” on the screen shifts to show the current play location.
- To quantize your audio, select all, right click and choose quantize settings.
- Choose the smallest subdivision used in your performance in the “Quantize To” dialog.
- Quantize to 80% to make it tight, but leave some natural human variation.
- Sometimes, Live mis-aligns the transient. Use shift drag to fix those issues.
Have Fun. Make Music.